- Regenerative Medicine is a safe, nonsurgical solution that aids the body’s ability to heal damaged tissue. This can be used to treat injuries to muscle, ligament, tendon, or cartilage.
- Conditions treated through Regenerative Medicine
- Knee, hip, and other joint osteoarthritis
- Chronic partial Rotator Cuff tears
- Tendon injuries such as Tennis Elbow, Achilles tendonitis, Trochanteric Bursitis
- Plantar fasciitis
- Partial muscle tears
- Stem Cell Therapy
- Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy
- Cartilage (meniscal) tears in the knee
- Muscle strains
- Chronic tendon and ligament injuries
Common shoulder and elbow conditions
- Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
- Frozen shoulder
- Shoulder impingement
- Pectoralis major tendon rupture
- Rotator Cuff Tear
- Shoulder dislocation
- Suprascapular nerve compression
- Distal biceps rupture
- Elbow ulnar collateral ligament tear
- Olecranon bursitis
- Labral tear
- Tennis Elbow
- Cortisone injection
- Arthroscopy (Shoulder)
- Joint replacement (Elbow) (Shoulder)
- Reverse Total Shoulder Replacement
- Platelet RIch Plasma Injection
- Arthroscopic rotator cuff repair
- Arthroscopic labral repair
- Arthroscopic suprascapular nerve decompression
- Elbow Arthroscopy
- Elbow Ulnar Collateral Ligament Reconstruction /”Tommy John” Surgery
- Lateral Ulnar Collateral Ligament Reconstruction
- Cubital Tunnel Release
Joint Injections are a nonsurgical option that may be used to diagnose or treat your pain. Central Florida Bone and Joint Institute offers cortisone injections, hyaluronic acid injections, and Platelet Rich Plasma Injections. Please call 386-775-2012 to see if one of these options may be appropriate for you.
- Central Florida Bone and Joint Institute offers Platelet Rich Plasma therapy. This is a process where we harvest special healing growth factors from your own blood that can then be delivered to areas with poor healing potential
- The treatment is done in the office and takes less than 1 hour to perform.
- PRP may not be covered by your insurance. If you have any questions regarding your coverage, please ask your insurance carrier for details. We do offer alternative payment options.
- Please call 386-775-2012 to schedule a consultation for Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy
- Central Florida Bone and Joint Institute provides durable medical equipment (DME) for the safety of our patients and to aid with their recovery process. (DME) consists of items such as orthopedic braces, boots, and fracture shoes. For more information about our DME, please call 386-775-2012
- Central Florida Bone and Joint Institute is committed to providing the highest level of specialized care to injured workers with great compassion and care. It is our goal to accurately diagnose and treat the orthopedic work related injury, improve disability, restore function, and return to work in a safe, timely manner.
- Our providers at Central Florida Bone and Joint Institute are board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Hand Surgery. We offer the most effective, advanced treatments which includes both non-surgical and surgical options
- Central Florida Bone and Joint Institute. understands how important it is to each employer, case manager and claims adjuster to receive feedback immediately following a patient’s visit to our office. Our trained staff is dedicated to providing specialized service to meet the needs of both the patient and the employer effectively and efficiently
- We appreciate the value of work injury prevention and provide education to our patients, Nurse Case Managers, Adjusters and Employers regarding proper body mechanics, ergonomics and pre and post injury rehabilitation.
- Please do not hesitate to give our office a call if you have any questions regarding our policies and procedures for workers’ compensation at 386-490-6994
- When you have been involved in an accident or injury that prevents you from working, independent medical examinations (IMEs) are a critical step in determining your return-to-work status.
- Doctors at Central Florida Bone and Joint Institute perform IMEs in Central Florida for patients with injuries to the shoulder, elbow, hand, wrist, hip, knee, foot, ankle, back, or neck. We understand the importance of timely and accurate communication with everyone involved, including patients, employers, case workers, and attorneys.
- As an active Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon with certified additional qualification in the hand, treating thousands of patients a year, Dr. Leung is able to provide expert opinions on causation, diagnosis, treatment and work status for individuals with any orthopedic condition. He provides evidenced based opinions supported by current orthopedic research
- Our physicians provide an objective and comprehensive IME, including a complete review of records, patient history, and physical examination. IMEs can support a variety of needs, including:
- Diagnosis and treatment
- Causal relation clarification
- Medical status evaluation
- Prognosis analysis
- Maximum medical improvement (MMI)
- After completing the physical exam and reviewing all medical records, our doctors will outline their findings in a narrative report, including the severity of diagnosis, physical impairments, functionality, restrictions and limitations, disability rating, and treatment recommendations.
We are happy to schedule an IME for you, your employee, or your client at a convenient time. Call our office at 386-490-6994 to speak with our workers comp liason.
Central Florida Bone and Joint Institute is happy to offer sports physicals to students throughout Orange, Seminole, and Volusia county
Central Florida Bone and Joint Institute has digital X-ray capability in office. X-rays taken elsewhere must be brought to your appointment.
Central Florida Bone and Joint Institute uses state of the art ultrasound technology which can be used as a safe and noninvasive way to very accurately deliver injections and aid in aspirations of fluid, thereby minimizing patient discomfort and the time required for such procedures.
Ultrasound also provides real time and dynamic images of joints, tendons and ligaments in motion helping diagnose common muskuloskeletal problems.
- Hours of operation: M-F 8:00-5:00 p.m.
- Central Florida Bone and Joint Institute is proud to offer a more cost effective, less hassle alternative to the overcrowded emergency room. Visit the only urgent care center in Volusia county that specializes in orthopaedics. Walk-ins are welcome or call ahead at 386-775-2012 to be seen the same day. We treat people of all ages.
- Anytime Ortho treats conditions such as:
- Sprains and strains
- Broken Bones
- Acute joint pain
- Sports injuries
- Work related injuries
- Auto accidents
Why Anytime Ortho?
- Save Time – A visit to the ER may take several hours, whereas a visit to Anytime Ortho will take less than 1 hour.
- Save Money – Most urgent cares and Emergency Rooms charge higher copays and higher facility fees for their services. The charges at Anytime Ortho are the same as a regular office visit, and patients pay the regular office copays.
- Specialty Care – When you go to the ER, you are often sent away without seeing the orthopedist. This delays the care that you deserve. At Anytime Ortho, you will be immediately seen by one of our Orthopedic experts who will accurately diagnose your injuries and create a treatment plan to get you back in action as quickly as possible.
- 24/7 access – Walk-ins, Same day appointments are welcome during our business hours. If you have any questions whether you should seek care at Anytime Ortho vs the emergency room, you may reach our Orthopedic trained experts anytime at 386-775-2012
- Full service – The specialists at Anytime Ortho treat all conditions, all body parts. We have on site X-ray, ultrasound, casting/bracing, suturing services
- Most Major Insurances accepted